Oprah called after the Pop-Up Shop and wanted to add Nibbles to her 2017 list of “Favorite Things”. Unfortunately I was putting Juderbug down for a nap and the call went to voicemail. We’ve been playing phone-tag ever since …It feels good to dream a little bit doesn’t it?!
If you weren’t at LOCALmke this weekend you missed Small Biz Saturday and the Nibbles Pop-Up Shop! No need to worry though. LOCALmke is open Thurs – Sunday and you can order Nibbles any time. Here are some highlights from the Pop-Up this past Saturday:
1. My mom (#heynanc) & dad (#heydad) surprised me and had a Nibbles t-shirt made. I had applied really great eye makeup that morning and it came off before the first customer walked in the door. #criedlikeababy
2. Things got dangerous! Josh torched the top of the Chocolate Marshmallow Nibbles. LOCALmke didn’t burn down, it smelled like s’mores and customers loved them.
3. Over 375 Nibbles were devoured and/or bought between 10am – 6pm. The crowd pleaser seemed to be the Mocha Nibble. I mean who doesn’t love a chocolate covered espresso bean?
4. My #1 Fans showed up to support me and Nibbles. Some of my best of friends (traveling from North Carolina & Denver!), sister & bro-in-law from Minnesota, old work friends, friends, parents, family… the list goes on. It meant a LOT to me to have so much support!
5. Put the Lime in the Coconut, Death by Chocolate & Banana Nibbles. I’m not sure which one I like better. Josh is encouraging me to put the Banana Nibble on the menu. It’s his favorite and a crowd pleaser. It will be added to the “Sassy” menu. The salted caramel drizzled on top puts this Nibble over the edge #sorrynotsorry
Thanks to everyone that came out on Saturday to celebrate the launch of Nibbles! It was a day I’ll remember forever. I’ll reference the event when Guy Raz interviews me for NPR’s “How I Built This” in 10 years. oxoxo Meg